January 8, 2009

Growing Pains

This weeks Guest blogger has no photo yet **hint hint** This person is amazing! They have enriched and encouraged me at stages of my life when I thought there was no hope.
Sands of Thyme is only new to the blogging world, they are doing amazing and they even had time to write this for me. Go visit him and tell him I sent you.

Growing Pains

Oh to be a child again, Oscar Wilde may have had something when he said that "youth was wasted on the young". Today I got home feeling tired and not that I think of this a lot but wondering what it'd be like to go back in time and live even just one day as myself back when I was a child. Not to do anything differently, just play and have fun and not to know what it's like to pay a bill or worry about work and stuff. Nothing in particular made me think of this, just one of those random thoughts that creeps into my head and usually runs away in terror at what it finds in there.

This time however it settled down and stayed a little while.

I wonder which part of my life I'd like to go to, the time of my life back in Primary School, when I'd sometimes pretend to be sick so I could stay at home and get under my mothers feet while she did house work and I'd loaf around in my pyjamas watching cartoons and watch Television intended for a much younger audience than me (usually Bagpuss or Mr Benn), or my more rebelous teens when I didn't know what I wanted to do but when I did know, I would decide to do it and no-one else.

Well, don't tell the boss, but...... I reckon in memory of Oliver Postgate who died one month ago on the 8th of December I'm going to buy a pair of pyjamas, a copy of the complete Bagpuss series and ring in sick Monday morning and sit at home all day watching Bagpuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment