January 7, 2009

Call of Duty 5, World at War

It is the end of my first blogging week so tomorrow means a new Guest Blogger and we do things all over again but with different people. So what do you usually do at the end of the week? I love to play games and so do many other people I know.
Every Wednesday we will be having the han dsome "Mortlach" writing a little something about games so here is his first entry.

Call of Duty 5, World at War

I like first person shooter games. Granted, I’m exceptionally good at them, but most of the time, I really enjoy them. Not so with CoD5, WaW. The multiplayer part is excellent, no argument there. People give it demerits for being CoD4 in a WOII setting, but I don’t see why that’s a problem. No, my beef with CoD5, WaW is that the single player campaign is just too damn hard. Even on the mediocre difficulty setting, it turns down to running into a field and dying over and over again until you’ve memorized where all the enemies will pop up. A few days ago, it took me over an hour to fight my way into the Reichstag. It got so bad that I actually felt I got angry at the game for making me go through all that crap over and over again. And now, I have the Concorde-syndrome: I’m nearly at the end so I don’t want to do it all again on Easy-difficulty, but I can’t go on because the bloody game won’t let me.

It did make me realize just why those WWII invasions always took so many soldiers. It takes about 500+ soldiers to get to the end of a corridor defended by enemies, just to be greeted by a room filled with more enemies. Only now it takes one soldier 500+ tries.

It is a good game. Buy it for the multiplayer alone. And start playing the singleplayer campaign when sticking needles under your fingernails has lost its charm.

next week: Blood Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment